Valencia fan in Milan last week for UCL tie tests positive for coronavirus
The 44-year-old supporter was in Milan for the Champions League Round of 16 (first leg) with Atlanta playing their games in Milan's San Siro stadium.
A 44-year-old Valencia CF supporter present in Milan last week for the Champions League Round of 16 (first leg) at Milan's San Siro stadium, has tested positive with the Covid-19 virus it was confirmed on Thursday morning.
The news emerged early on Thursday in a communique by the local Valencia health board (La Conselleria de Sanidad de la Generalitat Valenciana), with the man currently being treated at the Hospital Clínico Universitario de València.
The spread of the coronavirus throughout Europe has already had repercussions on football, with several games in Italy being suspended last weekend after other sporting events the world over were postponed or cancelled as authorities struggle to contain daily spikes in reported cases of Covid-19. The latest case is one of the four Valencia fans who were placed in self-isolation by the regional government after reporting symptoms of the virus following the Champions League game between Los Che and Atalanta last week, and Valencia CF are now considering the extraordinary measure of refusing entry to Mestalla to 2,377 away ticket holders for the return leg on March 10.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona's squad redesign needs to start taking shape now
- International football Zlatan facing possible FIFA ban over links to Malta betting firm
- Manchester United Solskjaer suggests Old Trafford banners to blame for home form
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Pfizer, Moderna and J&J/Janssen: who can get each, side effects, doses
- US Policing Why were no charges brought against the police officer who shot Jacob Blake?
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes