Valencia fan in Milan last week for UCL tie tests positive for coronavirus
The 44-year-old supporter was in Milan for the Champions League Round of 16 (first leg) with Atlanta playing their games in Milan's San Siro stadium.
A 44-year-old Valencia CF supporter present in Milan last week for the Champions League Round of 16 (first leg) at Milan's San Siro stadium, has tested positive with the Covid-19 virus it was confirmed on Thursday morning.
The news emerged early on Thursday in a communique by the local Valencia health board (La Conselleria de Sanidad de la Generalitat Valenciana), with the man currently being treated at the Hospital Clínico Universitario de València.
The spread of the coronavirus throughout Europe has already had repercussions on football, with several games in Italy being suspended last weekend after other sporting events the world over were postponed or cancelled as authorities struggle to contain daily spikes in reported cases of Covid-19. The latest case is one of the four Valencia fans who were placed in self-isolation by the regional government after reporting symptoms of the virus following the Champions League game between Los Che and Atalanta last week, and Valencia CF are now considering the extraordinary measure of refusing entry to Mestalla to 2,377 away ticket holders for the return leg on March 10.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Koeman: "Van Dijk was too lazy and too arrogant but now he's one of the best"
- Real Madrid Real Madrid in Champions League: group, games, schedule, dates and opponents, prediction
- World Cup 2022 Cazorla: "Qatar is an amazing host nation for the World Cup"
- BARCELONA-FERENCVAROS Barcelona's Neto: "Taking a wage cut? Everyone has their point of view"
- MLB Los Angeles Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: times, TV and how to watch the MLB World Series 2020
- GAMING NEWS Among Us: how to download and play for free on PC, Mac, mobile