Werner rejects Barcelona and United with eyes on Liverpool
The in-demand German striker is determined to play in the red of the current European champions under Jürgen Klopp, with 60-million euros the potential fee.
Timo Werner is likely to be one of the most desirable players on this summer's transfer market. The German striker may not be making Bundesliga headlines as much as Erling Haaland following his explosive arrival, but he continues to be high on the list for some of Europe's elite clubs, including Manchester United, Barcelona and Liverpool.
Werner wants Anfield switch
According to Simon Hughes and Raphael Honigstein writing for The Athletic, the RB Leipzig forward has offers from both the Red Devils and the LaLiga side, but he has decided against them. Werner's objective is to play for Liverpool under the orders of Jürgen Klopp.
For The Reds, as they look to add to their squad that is on the verge of winning their 19th English top flight title, the deal appears to make plenty of sense. With a release clause in his Leipzig contract estimated to be around 60 million euros, it is a more than palatable investment to add to their attacking options. And it is likely that a decision on this will be made soon as the clause rises in April.
The Anfield club are expecting some big offers to arrive for some of their stars this summer, many, if not all, will be rebuffed, but Klopp has to consider the change in dates to the African Cup of Nations that would see him lose the likes of Sadio Mané and Mohamed Salah for several domestic matches. Werner could be the ideal addition and the club appear to be in pole position to make it happen.
Read the full article on The Athletic here.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?