Rodgers on Maddison's Leicester future: "I know the boy's happy"
Brendan Rodgers addressed the future of Leicester City star James Maddison.
Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers is hopeful James Maddison will sign a new contract amid links to Manchester United.
Maddison's future continues to dominate headlines, with the Leicester star reportedly a top transfer target for Premier League giants United.
United are set to try to prise Maddison to Old Trafford at the end of the season, however, Rodgers hopes the England international midfielder's long-term future is at King Power Stadium.
"Talks have been ongoing with the club and his representatives," Rodgers said ahead of Friday's match against Norwich City.
"I know the boy is very happy, he wants to be here and he sees this as the club he can develop at. I am hopeful it will be done."
𝟐𝟎 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐎𝐧: 𝐋𝐞𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐩 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐡— Leicester City (@LCFC) February 27, 2020
Watch our feature-length documentary in full
Maddison has scored nine goals across all competitions for Leicester this season, six of those coming in the Premier League with three assists.
The 23-year-old has established himself as one of the Premier League's best attacking midfielders since joining from Norwich in June 2018.
Maddison has enjoyed another fine campaign as Leicester sit third in the standings and on track to qualify for the Champions League after 27 matches.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win