Juventus vs Inter and four other Serie A games postponed
The spread of the coronavirus in Italy has led to five games that were due to be played behind closed doors being postponed until 13 May.
Five Serie A games have been called off this weekend, including the top-of-the-table clash between Juventus and Inter Milan, due to the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus in northern Italy.
Several games across the Italian divisions were affected last weekend after a spike in reported cases of the virus in the Lombardy region, to which the Italian authorities reacted by placing travel restrictions and other measures on the affected areas. Inter vs Sampdoria and Torino Vs Parma were postponed among other fixtures.
Five Serie A games off due to spread of Covid-19
OFFICIAL | #JuveInter has been postponed until Wednesday 13th May 2020, in compliance with the "Urgent measures for the containment and management of the epidemiological emergency of COVID-19".— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) February 29, 2020
Here is the communication from Lega @SerieA ➡️ https://t.co/NMo158nDGs pic.twitter.com/H3TAe6SXqu
The Serie A games that have been postponed this weekend are: Juventus vs Inter; AC Milan vs Genoa; Parma vs SPAL; Udinese vs Fiorentina and Sassuolo vs Brescia. The games, which were originally going to be played behind closed doors, have been slated to be staged on 13 May.
According to the latest figures available from worldometer.com, there have now been 85,691 cases of Covid-19 reported worldwide, with 2,933 fatalities. In Italy, the third worst-affected country worldwide, there had been 889 confirmed cases up to midday on 29 February, resulting in 21 deaths.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?