Aguero and Rodri goals see Man City secure Carabao Cup
Two first half goals from the Argentine and Spaniard were enough for city to claim their third successive Carabao Cup win over dogged Aston Villa.
Pep Guardiola and his Manchester City side completed a hat-trick of successive Carabo Cup wins after a 2-1 win over a resilient Aston Villa side at Wembley on Sunday evening.
Following wins against Arsenal in the 2018 final and Chelsea last season, Aston Villa were the latest side to succumb to the power of the Mancunian outfit after Sergio Aguero put the Manchester side ahead on the 20th minute. Ten minutes later a powering header from Rodri doubled their lead with the former Villarreal and Atletico player rising majestically to nod home a Ilkay Gündoğan corner.
Villa refused to roll over and just ten minutes later Mbwana Samatta slotted home to offer a glimmer of hope for Dean Smith's men. The scoreboard was untroubled in the second half with a late 88th minute header off the post from Engels which forced a reflex stop from Claudio Bravo almost taking the game to extra time.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem