Atalanta hit seven in Serie A for the third time this season
Lecce become the latest side to be embarrassed by Gian Piero Gasperini's side, who have scored 70 Serie A goals in 25 matches this season.
Atalanta were in seventh heaven for a third time this season after hammering Lecce 7-2 in a one-sided Serie A clash at the Stadio Via del Mare.
Gian Piero Gasperini's great entertainers put on another ruthless showto extend their winning run to five matches in all competitions, Duvan Zapata helping himself to a hat-trick.
It was the third time this season that Atalanta have scored seven in Serie A, having thumped Udinese 7-1 in October and thrashed Torino 7-0 away from home in January and have now amassed 70 goals in 25 matches.
Atalanta smashing Serie A records
5 - Atalanta have scored 5+ goals for their fifth Serie A game current season: the last team with more such matches in a single campaign in the Italian top-flight was AC Milan, in 1958/59. Unstoppable. #LecceAtalanta pic.twitter.com/F1IPrWSwkA— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) March 1, 2020
They also become the first team since Milan way back in 1958-59 to score five or more goals in five Serie A encounters in the same season.
Zapata's treble ensured fourth-placed Atalanta have three players with a double-figure goal tally in the current campaign.
Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City are the other only sides in the top-five European leagues to have three players with at least 10 goals this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- Serie A Mancini: Balotelli should be playing for Italy
- Football Covid-19: Raja announce four more players have recovered
- Barcelona Camp Nou candidate Font wants Guardiola and Messi reunion
- QATAR STARS LEAGUE Xavi's Al Sadd show attacking potency with 20 goals in five games
- BARCELONA Champions League: Barcelona "could have scored eight" against Juventus
- US NEWS US elections: What's Biden's plan to deal with coronavirus?