Messi becomes Barcelona player to feature in most Clásicos
The Argentina international previously held the honour with current Al-Saad manager Xavi Hernández but now overtakes the Terrassa man.
Leo Messi continues to break records and create milestones with his appearance in Sunday's match at the Santiago Bernabéu marking his 43rd appearance in a El Clásico contest. The Rosario born player now surpasses the number of appearances made by Xavi Hernández who wore the famous navy and claret stripes during 42 games against Real Madrid.
Only one player surpasses the feat of the Argentine in El Clásico history with Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos having made 44 appearances in Clásico clashes with the Seville born surpassing the previously held record of 42 held by former defender Manolo Sanchís last December.
Trailing Sergio Ramos and Messi are Paco Gento, Xavi and Sanchis (42) and further behind Andrés Iniesta on 38 appearances. With their Bernabéu appearance on Sunday, Gerard Piqué and Sergio Busquets move onto 38 games and move ahead of current Real Madrid Castilla manager and a hero to 'Los Blancos' fans, Raúl González who wore the famous white shirt in 37 Clásicos.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?