Real Madrid didn't deserve Clásico win, says Barcelona's Amor
Barcelona director Guillermo Amor discussed Sunday's defeat away to Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabéu.
Real Madrid did not deserve their 2-0 Clásico victory over Barcelona, according to Guillermo Amor.
Madrid leapfrogged Barça atop the LaLiga table thanks to second-half goals from Vinicius Júnior and substitute Mariano Díaz on Sunday.
Vinicius opened the scoring in the 71st minute before Mariano sealed the win in the second minute of stoppage time at the Santiago Bernabéu.
"We were very dominant, they hit us quickly"
Madrid moved a point clear in the league standings but Barça director Amor told Movistar: "They pushed up and they pressed us. Their idea was to stop the game. They pressed and created chances.
"It proved costly for us, but I don't think they deserved the win. We were very dominant, they hit us quickly."
Amor added: "If we consider the first half then I think it was a very good performance. Very good. We had the game under control and had chances, but missed them.
"If you forgive a team like Real Madrid they'll have their chances. Once they scored they saw they could win and were encouraged."
"When yo lose, everything seems negative. We weren't bad, though"
It was a quiet evening for Barça captain and superstar Lionel Messi in the Spanish capital, where the six-time Ballon d'Or winner struggled to make an impact.
"He was good," Amor said. "He was great in the first half. He created, played and played.
"But when you lose, everything seems negative. We weren't bad, though. We had a great first half and were the better team. But then things went crazy and we lost control."
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford