Sturridge cancels Trabzonspor contract after betting ban
Former Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is on the lookout for a new club.
Daniel Sturridge has cancelled his Trabzonspor contract by mutual consent less than seven months into a three-year agreement. The former Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool striker was also banned from football for four months on Monday.
The former England striker joined the Turkish Super Lig club in August 2019 after his release from Liverpool. Sturridge has scored seven goals in 16 appearances across all competitions this season.
A statement on Trabzonspor's website read: "The professional footballer contract signed between our company and our professional footballer Daniel Andre Sturridge, dated 21.08.2019 and ending 31.05.2021, has been mutually terminated.
"In accordance with the termination agreement, the football player gave up all his forward-looking rights and receivables."
The 30-year-old was originally given a six-week ban but four of those were suspended. That has been increased to four months now and he has been fined 150,000 pounds, increased from the original 75,000 pounds.
It is unclear what Sturridge's next move will be but he has been linked with a switch to David Beckham's new MLS franchise Inter Miami, who lost their first professional match 1-0 to Los Angeles FC on Sunday.
Sturridge spent six years at Anfield, in which he scored 67 goals in 160 appearances, and has also represented Manchester City, Chelsea, Bolton Wanderers and West Brom.
The 30-year-old also has also scored eight goals in 26 England appearances.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?