Barcelona: Setién tells fiery Sarabia to dial it down
Barça assistant Eder Sarabia was a frenzied touchline presence in the Clásico - and head coach Quique Setién is out to calm him down.
Barcelona assistant coach Eder Sarabia was an animated touchline presence during Sunday's 2-0 defeat to Real Madrid, with the cameras of Spanish television channel capturing the 39-year-old's volcanic performance in his first ever Clásico.
"Shoot, for fuck's sake!" - Sarabia bawls out Barcelona during Clásico defeat
"Fucking hell, Antoine, stick it away!" Sarabia could be seen shouting after Antoine Griezmann missed a first-half chance, for example, before his rising frustration at Barça's hesitancy in front of goal led him to yell: "Shoot, for fuck's sake!"
Since joining Setién's coaching staff at Las Palmas, Sanabria has always been a fired-up figure during matches. During the pair's time with the Canary Islanders and their subsequent spell at Real Betis, he often became embroiled in disagreements with match officials and opponents, memorably clashing with Valencia's José Luis Gayá during a Copa del Rey clash last season.
Setién out to calm his assistant down at Barcelona
Sarabia's intensity is one of the hallmarks of his working style, but it appears that Setién has been seeking to calm his number two down since their arrival at Barça, with the head coach acutely aware of the complexities of managing the Camp Nou dressing room.
Concerned that Sarabia's frenetic approach is not well received by the Barça squad, AS understands that Setién is attempting to bring his assistant into line with a more laid-back way of coaching and relaying instructions - a style that the players are more used to.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?