João Félix in line to start Saturday's game against Sevilla
Giménez has returned to full training. Renan Lodi worked out inside the gym and Thomas Lemar remains on Atlético's injury list.
Simeone used this morning's training session to try out a possible starting line-up for Saturday's game against Sevilla. The Atleti coach supervised several mini-matches in which his preferred XI was clear to see. João Félix is expected to start the Sevilla game, at the expense of Yannick Carrasco, who started against Espanyol. Simeone fielded an XI comprising: Vrsaljko, Savic, Felipe, Hermoso (Lodi worked out inside the gym and if he is deemed fit, he will start); Correa, Marcos Llorente, Saúl, Koke; Morata and João Félix.
Thomas is ruled out through suspension which presents a new opportunity for Marcos Llorente, who was an unused sub against Espanyol but could return to occupy a holding position against Sevilla. From what we gained from today's session, Correa could move over to the right to allow João Félix to link up with Morata in attack.
João Félix hasn't started a game since the meeting with Leganés on 26 January. He has been gradually introduced back into the team, coming on as a second half sub against Villarreal and Espanyol.
Giménez back in business; Lemar remains sidelined
Giménez, who was left out of the squad list for the last couple of games due to twinges in his knee, trained without any problems today. Thomas Lemar however has yet to return to full training and continues with his recovery programme inside the gym.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move