Neymar has mellowed since PSG outburst, says Tuchel
Neymar lashed out at PSG last month because he felt they were overly cautious with him. Thomas Tuchel believes the Brazilian has since calmed down.
Thomas Tuchel feels confident that Neymar has calmed down since criticising Paris Saint-Germain's use of him prior to the defeat to Borussia Dortmund last month. Neymar had lashed out at the club for not playing him in any of their previous four matches before the trip to Germany, as a precaution to limit the risk of injury. The Brazilian forward insisted such a decision had nothing to do with him, pointing the finger at the club and their doctors, as he claimed he had felt well enough to play.
Neymar available for Coupe de France semi-final
Having served a one-match suspension for PSG's 4-0 thrashing of Dijon on Saturday, Neymar is back in contention to face Olympique Lyon in the Coupe de France semi-final on Wednesday night.
And Tuchel says he has mellowed since venting his frustration with the club, while the coach is relying on the forward ahead of a potentially critical part of the season, with PSG set to face Borussia Dortmund in the return leg of their Champions League Last 16 tie next week having lost 2-1 at Signal Iduna Park.
Fé, foco e confiança em nós ... ALLEZ PSG pic.twitter.com/TLnIZgbbHq— Neymar Jr (@neymarjr) February 19, 2020
"Neymar is calmer now," Tuchel told reports on Tuesday. "In Bordeaux he played well but unfortunately, got a red card. It was not good, but these things happen. I have a feeling that he is calmer now. He's getting ready for tomorrow's game, he's going to play, we need him. The most important thing is that he plays, that he is with us in this decisive phase of the campaign. I am happy to play him against Lyon. I have the feeling that he is really ready, that he is calmer, more confident, and that he has found his rhythm."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment