Mason Holgate signs new long-term deal with Everton
After impressing this season, Mason Holgate has been rewarded with a new contract from Everton that runs until June 2025.
Mason Holgate has commited to Everton, signing a new five-year contract with the Premier League club. The central defender - who moved to Goodison from Barnsley in 2015 - has become a regular this season, making 26 first-team appearances in all competitions.
His form at the heart of the Everton defence had led to reports of interest from Manchester City, while the 23-year-old is rumoured to be on the brink of an England call-up. After spending the second half of the 2018-19 campaign on loan at West Brom, Holgate is excited about his long-term future with the Toffees after agreeing a deal that runs until June 2025.
Holgate thrilled with new Everton contract
"This is my fifth year at Everton and my development as a person and a player in that period has been massive," Holgate told Everton TV. "The direction the club is going, it is a great club to be at and I am really excited about it. We want to move to the next step and push for bigger and better things. I want to win things – and winning some silverware is where I see us. It is definitely a positive time to be here and I am looking forward to seeing how far we can go."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener