Getafe & Valencia fan groups protest against closed door games
Fan groups representing both clubs have requested that home supporters be permitted to forthcoming Europa and Champions League games.
Fan clubs representing supporters from both Getafe and Valencia have united to voice their disapproval after the Spanish government decided that forthcoming home European ties involving both sides against Italian opposition should be played behind closed doors.
Valencia face Atalanta next week in the Champions League at Mestalla and the following week Getafe are scheduled to face Inter Milan in the Round of 16 in the Europa League. Both Serie A sides hail from the north of the country (Bergamo and Milan) which has been badly hit by the Covid-19 virus.
The Federación de Peñas del Getafe and L'Agrupació de Penyes Valencianistes fan groups have pleaded that home fans are allowed access to these games and that only season ticket holders be allowed access to the respective stadiums. They also request that authorities ensure that all is done to prevent Italian fans "travelling from a high risk zone and ensure that planes are not allowed to fly from these areas".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will we one before 31 December?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ferencváros vs Barcelona: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: What Real Madrid need to qualify for last 16
- LIGA MX Jalisco governor confirms Chivas will host León behind closed doors
- Football Sundowns refuse Al-Ahly's offer for Sirino
- Ramos Sergio Ramos offers Conor McGregor a fight