Barcelona to sign Newell's golden boy Juan Sforza
Mundo Deportivo reports that the Camp Nou board are in talks over the midfielder, who has come through the academy at Leo Messi's boyhood club.
Newell’s Old Boys has traditionally been a production line of talent and the Argentinean club’s academy, which nurtured Leo Messi, Gabriel Batistuta, Jorge Valdano, Roberto Sensini, Mauricio Pochettino and others, has produced another exciting prospect in the shape of Argentina under-17 international Juan Sforza. Unsurprisingly, given their links the Newell’s, Barcelona are keeping a close eye on the midfielder.
According to Mundo Deportivo, Barça are already in advanced talks to sign the 18-year-old, who was snapped up by Newell’s from Sarmiento, and had hoped to announce an agreement ahead of the 2019 Torneo di Viareggio, an annual youth tournament that may well not be held this year due to the widespread cancellation of sporting events in Italy over the spread of the coronavirus.
Sforza captains Argentina's under-17s
Sforza is captain of the Argentina under-17s, managed by Pablo Aimar, and can operate in a deep or central midfield role or on the flanks. A left-footer, he has become a mainstay of Newell’s reserve side and has 16 caps at youth level for the Albiceleste, leading the side to the 2019 Copa Sudamerica at that age level. He also played at the under-17 World Cup, where Aimar’s side reached the last 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news