Cristiano back training with Juventus after trip home
Cristiano Ronaldo returned to work with the Juve squad on Wednesday. He missed Tuesday's session as he flew home to Funchal to visit his poorly mother.
Cristiano Ronaldo returned to work on Wednesday, showing up for training with Juventus at the club's Continassa sports complex after being granted permission to miss yesterday's session. The player travelled home to Funchal on Tuesday to visit his mother Dolores Aveiro who is suffering from health problems.
After spending the day in Funchal to be informed about the situation of his mother, who has suffered a stroke but whose condition is stable, Cristiano flew back to Turin and trained as normal under Maurizio Sarri's orders, the club confirmed.
"Thank you for all your messages of support for my mum. She is currently stable and recovering in hospital. Me and my family would like to thank the medical team looking after her, and kindly ask that we are all given some privacy at this time.", Cristiano wrote on his official Twitter account on Tuesday.
CR7 and his team mates still don't know when the team will play their game as Italy is in a state of emergency for the coronavirus pandemic with many Serie A and Coppa Italia matches postponed until a later date as a precaution.
Juventus were due to play the Coppa Italia semi-final AC Milan tonight, after drawing the first leg at San Siro 1-1 but the return leg has been called off with a new date yet to be determined.
It is also unknown whether this weekend's Serie A fixtures will go ahead - with talk some matches could be played behind closed doors. Last week's meeting with Inter Milan was postponed and Juventus are scheduled to visit Bologna on Sunday but it's not known if that match will go ahead.
Italy have registered 1,694 cases of patients potentuially infected by the coronavirus - out of which, 1,577 have been diagnosed as positive, 34 have died and 83 have been cured.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?