FA Cup Round-up: Leicester and City through, Spurs lose on penalties
Leicester City needed an 82nd-minute effort from Ricardo Pereira to get past Birmingham City in the FA Cup fifth round.
Ricardo Pereira's late header saw Leicester City secure a place in the FA Cup quarter-finals as they beat Championship side Birmingham City 1-0.
The game appeared destined for extra time, but Ricardo ensured an additional 30 minutes would not be required when he met Marc Albrighton's cross with a header that had the power and placement to find the bottom-left corner.
Man City beat Wednesday to move into next round
Sergio Aguero's second-half goal proved enough for holders Manchester City to beat second-tier Sheffield Wednesday 1-0, but they made hard work of reaching the FA Cup quarter-finals on Wednesday.
It looked like a practice game at times for Pep Guardiola's side at Hillsborough but they struggled to convert their overwhelming superiority into goals.
Spurs lose on penalties to Norwich
Jose Mourinho's Tottenham Hotspur lost to Norwich on penalties as Tim Krul saved a Gedson Fernandes strike to win it for the Canaries.
The game finished 1-1 after Jan Vertonghen open the scoring in the first half for Spurs. Josep Drmic equalised in the 78th minute and Norwich stunned the hosts in the shoot-out as Mourinho's struggles continue.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: 20 January could be a key date for a new round of payments
- US Election 2020 Biden announces first nominations for White House cabinet
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in December?
- us news US Presidential Election & covid-19 updates: Trump, Biden, results, cases, latest news
- Champions League Juventus vs Ferencvaros: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- FOOTBALL Zlatan Ibrahimovic attacks EA Sports for using his image