Madrid eye up Haaland as potential Cristiano replacement
Real Madrid badly miss the 50 goals that the Portuguese striker was guaranteed to get per season with the Norwegian already on 40 goals this campaign.
Whether Real Madrid care to admit it or not, the club dearly misses Cristiano Ronaldo's goals. Time has moved on since the move to Juventus, but to date no player has stepped up to the mark and has come close to the Portuguese strikers average of 50 goals per season. Benzema's form is erratic with the French striker currently going through a fallow period with just one goal in ten games. Big summer signing Eden Hazard has yet to find any consistency in the white shirt and is now sidelined with an ankle problem that will require surgery. Serbian international Luka Jovic has also disappointed after his move from Eintracht Frankfurt.
Real Madrid need a goal machine and Haaland is proving to be just this. His father who, in an interview with AS stated that "a move to Spain would be good for my son" is one of the hottest properties in the game and has a release clause of 75 million euro that can be triggered in 2021. This season to date, the 19-year-old has found the net 40 times bagging 28 goals for Austrian side RB Salzburg and has struck 12 times since moving to Borussia Dortmund at the beginning of the year. Should the Norwegian international maintain his current net busting rhythm, he could be on target to net 60 times in the 2019-20 campaign.
Golden shoe award at the age of 19
Despite the Austrian Bundesliga only carrying 1.5 points per goal against that of it's German counterpart on 2 points for the Golden Shoe ranking, Haaland is well poised behind the likes of Ciro Immobile, Robert Lewandowski and Cristiano Ronaldo in the quest for the 2019-20 Golden Shoe with more inevitable Dortmund goals for the Norwegian instrumental in seeing him as a strong candidate to be the youngest ever winner of the acclaimed trophy.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why has Trump taken executive action?
- Coronavirus Night curfew extended in East Khasi Hills until 17 August
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: who is Paul Vallone, the Democrat who says hydroxychloroquine saved his life?
- Coronavirus Trump executive orders: what will happen with student loan payments?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Lebanese court investigating Beirut port explosion