Ronaldinho under investigation for alleged use of false passport
Former Brazilian player Ronaldinho 'Gaucho' and his brother are under investigation in Paraguay after allegedly using fake passports to enter the country.
Former FC Barcelona and Brazil player Ronaldinho and his brother Roberto de Assis Moreira are under investigation for allegedly entering Paraguay on false passports. Both men were in the South American country ahead of appearing at a charity event in Asuncion.
According to ESPN Brasil, neither the former player nor his brother have been detained by local police but have faced a line of questioning in their hotel room relating to the alleged fake passport situation.
Suposto passaporte paraguaio do Ronaldinho que seria falso. Que história bizarra. pic.twitter.com/qM79XPTTMf— Carter (@essediafoilouco) March 5, 2020
At present, both individuals have been told to remain in their hotel rooms and cannot use mobile phones ahead of being called to declare before the Paraguayan Public Minister office on Thursday.
Ronaldinho and his brother had their Brazilian passports withdrawn in November 2018 after failing to pay a fine for environmental damage incurred during the building of property in Rio Grande do Sul, in the southern part of Brazil.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham 'just a pony' in Premier League title race? Lampard disagrees with Mourinho
- CYBER MONDAY Cybermonday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair
- US Election Election USA 2020: why did Donald Trump pay $3 million for recount in Wisconsin?
- US News Cyber Monday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target
- US News Walmart, Amazon and Macy´s: Black Friday returns policies
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: latest on US coronavirus relief bill