Florentino Pérez: "In this decisive stage, the fans will be vital"
Florentino Pérez called on the fans for total support ahead of a key clash against Manchester City in the Champions League as they trail from the first leg.
Florentino Pérez, Real Madrid's president, asked for 'strength' from the club's fanbase in order to overcome 'every challenge' this season and to make sure they are strong at this decisive stage of the season when titles are won.
"Now we enter a decisive stage of the season when the strength of Madridismo will continue to play a vital role in order to overcome every challenge including those that seem impossible," he said in relation to the task of beating Manchester City in the Champions League despite trailing 1-2 from the first leg.
The speech was made during the presentation to announce Real Madrid's renewed agreement with Mahou and he spoke about the success of the football and basketball teams and called upon the fans for total support.
"In football, we have won the Spanish Super Cup and in basketball, we have won the Spanish Super Cup and Copa del Rey. Three titles lifted this season, which is our best stimulus to keep aspiring for more," he continued.
"Here they are with our representatives from various generations who have achieved everything with this badge. All of those who have worn and wear the jersey have transmitted and keep transmitting that Real Madrid never gives up," he said with Casemiro and Fede Valverde by his side."
"Because this club has won 23 European Cups, 13 in football and 10 in basketball," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jadon Sancho came very close to joining in 2017
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?