Yuri breaks Granada's hearts to set up all-Basque final
The full-back slotted in a crucial away goal, with 10 minutes of the tie remaining to put Athletic in the Copa del Rey final. It's a hammer blow to Granada who were 2-0 up.
Athletic Club booked their place in next month's Copa del Rey final after beating Granada on away goalsin tonight's return leg at Los Cármenes. The Bilbaínos had taken a 1-0 lead into the game from the first leg at San Mamés but the Andalucian side levelled the tie on 48 minutes when Carlos Fernández glanced in a header from a corner.
Granada's two-goal lead not enough
Granada had Athletic under the cosh for much of the second half and seemed to be on their way to the final when Germán Sanchez nodded them 2-0 up in the 76th minute. But Athletic grabbed a crucial away goal through Yuri Berchiche with nine minutes of normal time remaining and that was enough to book their place in the final - ironically, against his former club Real Sociedad, who beat Mirandés in last night's other semi-final.
It will be the first time that the two Basque clubs have met in a final and promises to be a match to remember. The final will be played at La Cartuja in Seville on 18 April.
Te recomendamos en English
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Florida sets one-day record with over 15,000 new cases
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester capitulate as Bournemouth stay alive in relegation scrap
- Le Havre 0-9 PSG Neymar and Mbappe to the fore as PSG thrash Le Havre 9-0
- England vs West Indies England lose to West Indies: Stokes has no regrets over batting first
- Coronavirus New Covid-19 rules on masks and bars in Louisiana