Yuri breaks Granada's hearts to set up all-Basque final
The full-back slotted in a crucial away goal, with 10 minutes of the tie remaining to put Athletic in the Copa del Rey final. It's a hammer blow to Granada who were 2-0 up.
Athletic Club booked their place in next month's Copa del Rey final after beating Granada on away goalsin tonight's return leg at Los Cármenes. The Bilbaínos had taken a 1-0 lead into the game from the first leg at San Mamés but the Andalucian side levelled the tie on 48 minutes when Carlos Fernández glanced in a header from a corner.
Granada's two-goal lead not enough
Granada had Athletic under the cosh for much of the second half and seemed to be on their way to the final when Germán Sanchez nodded them 2-0 up in the 76th minute. But Athletic grabbed a crucial away goal through Yuri Berchiche with nine minutes of normal time remaining and that was enough to book their place in the final - ironically, against his former club Real Sociedad, who beat Mirandés in last night's other semi-final.
It will be the first time that the two Basque clubs have met in a final and promises to be a match to remember. The final will be played at La Cartuja in Seville on 18 April.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live