Van Persie returns to Feyenoord to whip Bozeník into shape
The former Feyenoord and Netherlands striker has been contracted to spend one day a week showing the young Solvakia striker a trick or two.
Former Netherlands, Arsenal and Manchester United striker Robin van Persie has returned to Feyenoord, where he started and ended his playing career, in a coaching capacity to pass on his experience to Slovakia international forward Róbert Bozeník.
Feyenoord manager Dick Advocaat confirmed the capture of Van Persie, who he coached at Fenerbahce and at international level, in a press conference and explained that the all-time Netherlands top scorer would be working one day a week with the 20-year-old Bozeník to improve his technique.
Advocaat: "Bozeník needs to improve"
The Slovakia striker arrived at the Feyenoord Stadium in January from MSK Zilina for a fee of €4.6 million and has managed three goals and two assists in five appearances so far but Advocaat said he is still raw and Van Persie had been brought in to polish the youngster’s finishing.
“Bozeník needs to improve, he needs to attract the attention of his teammates more. His runs could be better and the help of Van Persie can do him good,” Advocaat said after Feyenoord thrashed NAC Breda 7-1 in semi-finals of the Dutch Cup, with Bozeník on the score sheet.
Advocaat added that Van Persie would also be working with Nicolai Jorgensen when he returns from injury and will lend a hand with the club’s academy forwards as part of his role.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits with $600 boost: how many have applied?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd death in Minneapolis, live updates: police, riots and protests across US
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: would second Economic Impact Payment be the last?
- GEORGE FLOYD George Floyd and Derek Chauvin worked in the same nightclub
- Caso George Floyd George Floyd protests and riots across America: Nashville, Portland...
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: will there be a second round of payments in June?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today