Real Madrid: Zidane faces right-back headache at Real Betis
Dani Carvajal and Nacho Fernández both missed Saturday training with flu, while Isco is also set to miss Sunday's Betis clash with a back problem.
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane is facing a selection headache in defence after Dani Carvajal and Nacho Fernández missed Los Blancos' final training session before Sunday's LaLiga clash with Real Betis (21:00 CET).
Carvajal, Nacho both struck down by flu
Carvajal, Madrid's first-choice right-back, and Nacho, a player who may well have been drafted in as the 28-year-old's understudy, were both absent on Saturday morning due to flu. Summer signing Éder Militão now appears best placed to fill the role at the Estadio Benito Villamarín.
Isco sits out training with back issue
Meanwhile, Isco sat out training at Valdebebas as a result of a back problem. Having started Madrid's last three games, most recently Sunday's 2-0 Clásico win over Barcelona, the midfielder looks likely to make way for Luka Modric against Betis.
Asensio, Hazard continue long-term recoveries
Real Madrid also trained without longer-term injury absentees Marco Asensio - who did work in the gym - and Eden Hazard, who is beginning his recovery from the ankle fracture he suffered in last month's LaLiga defeat to Levante.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho explains why Ancelotti is reason to break the rules
- BARCELONA Neymar and PSG pact to facilitate return to Barcelona
- Premier League Van Dijk reveals why he chose Liverpool over City & Chelsea
- BARCELONA Police search Camp Nou offices for I3 Ventures documentation
- US ELECTION NEWS Kanye West announces he would run for president in 2020
- NASCAR NASCAR: Which cars will have ‘Trump 2020’ on the hood?