Real Madrid: Zidane faces right-back headache at Real Betis
Dani Carvajal and Nacho Fernández both missed Saturday training with flu, while Isco is also set to miss Sunday's Betis clash with a back problem.
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane is facing a selection headache in defence after Dani Carvajal and Nacho Fernández missed Los Blancos' final training session before Sunday's LaLiga clash with Real Betis (21:00 CET).
Carvajal, Nacho both struck down by flu
Carvajal, Madrid's first-choice right-back, and Nacho, a player who may well have been drafted in as the 28-year-old's understudy, were both absent on Saturday morning due to flu. Summer signing Éder Militão now appears best placed to fill the role at the Estadio Benito Villamarín.
Isco sits out training with back issue
Meanwhile, Isco sat out training at Valdebebas as a result of a back problem. Having started Madrid's last three games, most recently Sunday's 2-0 Clásico win over Barcelona, the midfielder looks likely to make way for Luka Modric against Betis.
Asensio, Hazard continue long-term recoveries
Real Madrid also trained without longer-term injury absentees Marco Asensio - who did work in the gym - and Eden Hazard, who is beginning his recovery from the ankle fracture he suffered in last month's LaLiga defeat to Levante.
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?