Eder Sarabia responds after Clásico outburst: "My spirit will never change"
Barcelona'a assistant coach was asked to explain his touchside display during the Clásico last weekend but refused to apologise for his nature.
Barcelona deputy coach Eder Sarabia has been in the spotlight this week following his animated and sometimes foul-mouthed performance on the side-lines during the the Clásico last Sunday.
Following Barca's 2-0 defeat to Madrid, such was the reaction to Sarabia’s behaviour that head coach Quique Setién was forced to apologise for his number two.
Speaking publically after the game, Setién even went as far as to say that his assistant’s actions were “a little embarrassing” and warned that he must “learn to control himself”.
Speaking to broadcaster Movistar in a pre-match interview ahead of Barcelona’s meeting with Real Sociedad, Sarabia was asked to explain last Sunday’s touchline display but refused to apologise for his nature.
“My spirit will never change. It’s not so much about what I’m doing, but how I conduct myself,” said the Barcelona assistant.
“We have to set an example to many people, to children and we must be careful about many things but my spirit will never change. I am proud to be how I am and we’ll continue like this and continue working and that's it.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and news, today
- REAL MADRID 1-0 GETAFE Real Madrid player ratings v Getafe: Ramos saves the day
- CORONAVIRUS Until when has the coronavirus PPP small business loan deadline been extended?
- MANCHESTER CITY 4-0 LIVERPOOL Manchester City player ratings vs Liverpool
- Premier League Mourinho angry at VAR after Bramall Lane controversy
- BARCELONA Messi halts renewal talks and wants to leave Barcelona in June 2021