Eder Sarabia responds after Clásico outburst: "My spirit will never change"
Barcelona'a assistant coach was asked to explain his touchside display during the Clásico last weekend but refused to apologise for his nature.
Barcelona deputy coach Eder Sarabia has been in the spotlight this week following his animated and sometimes foul-mouthed performance on the side-lines during the the Clásico last Sunday.
Following Barca's 2-0 defeat to Madrid, such was the reaction to Sarabia’s behaviour that head coach Quique Setién was forced to apologise for his number two.
Speaking publically after the game, Setién even went as far as to say that his assistant’s actions were “a little embarrassing” and warned that he must “learn to control himself”.
Speaking to broadcaster Movistar in a pre-match interview ahead of Barcelona’s meeting with Real Sociedad, Sarabia was asked to explain last Sunday’s touchline display but refused to apologise for his nature.
“My spirit will never change. It’s not so much about what I’m doing, but how I conduct myself,” said the Barcelona assistant.
“We have to set an example to many people, to children and we must be careful about many things but my spirit will never change. I am proud to be how I am and we’ll continue like this and continue working and that's it.”
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS