Real Madrid: Napoli enquire about Luka Jovic
Napoli have made contact with the representatives of Luka Jovic to explore the possibility of a switch to Serie A. Real Madrid may consider a loan deal.
Napoli have set their sights on Luka Jovic.
The Azzurri could see drastic changes to their front line for next season. While Dries Mertens is one step away from renewing his contract that expires in June, José Maria Callejón and Arkadiusz Milik may wave goodbye to the Estadio San Paolo.
The former could leave on a free this summer (although his agent has said the club wants to extend his stay), while the latter has another year left on his contract. However, negotiations with Milik have not come to fruition and at the moment his exit this summer seems the most likely scenario.
With this in mind, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis wants a young and reliable centre forward to replace him, with Luka Jovic high on the club’s agenda.
The Serie A outfit have a very good relationship with his agent, Fali Ramadani, who has four clients plying their trade at the Estadio San Paolo -- Kalidou Koulibaly, Nikola Maksimovic, Diego Demme and Kévin Malcuit.
Jovic would look favourably on Napoli move
In the past months, Napoli have learned that Jovic would look favourably on a move to Southern Italy if he had to leave Madrid, be it temporarily or permanently.
Madrid, on their part, would prefer not to part with Jovic after just one season. Los Blancos paid 60 million euros for the young striker last summer, though he has had very little prominence at the Bernabéu since making the switch from Eintracht Frankfurt.
In that sense, Madrid would undoubtedly consider a loan deal for the player. Though considering this is something Napoli would unlikely accept, they could also propose a transfer with an option to repurchase the Serbian striker at a later date.
But for now, everything will depend on the fate of Milik. If Napoli and the Polish striker finally come to a deal, they will not move for another forward.
Te recomendamos en English
- Serie A Mancini: Balotelli should be playing for Italy
- Football Covid-19: Raja announce four more players have recovered
- Barcelona Camp Nou candidate Font wants Guardiola and Messi reunion
- QATAR STARS LEAGUE Xavi's Al Sadd show attacking potency with 20 goals in five games
- BARCELONA Champions League: Barcelona "could have scored eight" against Juventus
- US NEWS US elections: What's Biden's plan to deal with coronavirus?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how could mail voting affect the result?