Rodolfo Pizarro scores first goal in Inter Miami's history in MLS
The Mexican midfielder had already scored Inter Miami's first goal in a preseason game against Philadelphia Union and has now netted the side's first MLS goal.
After only losing 1-0 in their season opener against LAFC, one of the best teams in Major League Soccer, Inter Miami flew to the United States capital to face D.C. United at the Audi Field for the second week of the 2020 season.
The game had barely started when in the second minute Robbie Robinson carried the ball from his own half, skipping through United’s defenders and opening up the play to his right to teammate Lewis Morgan. The Scottish player took the ball down the line, lifted up his head and crossed the ball to Rodolfo Pizarro, who was there to tap it in and score the first goal in Inter Miami's history in the regular season.
The Mexican midfielder is the second Designated Player and since he arrived he said he wanted to build the history of the club and has he done so so far, because he also scored Inter Miami’s first goal during a preseason game against Philadelphia Union last month.
What is next for Inter Miami?
David Beckham’s new MLS franchise will play their first home game on Saturday, 14 March against Los Angeles Galaxy. This will be the first time both clubs face each other and the first time Pizarro faces Chicharito and Jonathan dos Santos.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS US Election 2020: How can I get absentee ballot to vote?
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez swaps Barcelona for LaLiga rivals Atlético Madrid
- BARCELONA Sergiño Dest is the second most expensive American transfer in history
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool keen on signing 17-year-old sensation Gio Reyna
- FOOTBALL Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney make Wrexham bid