Boca Juniors: Tévez goal secures title win as River Plate draw
Boca Juniors secured the Argentinian Primera División crown thanks to Carlos Tévez's winner.
Carlos Tévez helped Boca Juniors clinch the Argentinian Primera División title with a 1-0 win over Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata on Saturday.
Boca claim championship after beating Maradona-coached Gimnasia
Tévez's 20-yard strike in the 72nd minute at La Bombonera lifted Boca to their narrow victory over Diego Maradona's Gimnasia.
It meant Boca finished top of the table by a point after bitter rivals River Plate were held to a 1-1 draw at Atlético Tucumán.
Boca move closer to River's record league-title haul
Boca's title was their 34th, drawing them closer to River's all-time record of 36.
Tévez's goal was his ninth in 17 league games this season, with Gimnasia goalkeeper Jorge Broun unable to keep out the powerful effort.
River, meanwhile, had come from behind at Atlético Tucumán through Matías Suárez, but were unable to find a winner.
They were held to draws in their final two league games of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham 'just a pony' in Premier League title race? Lampard disagrees with Mourinho
- CYBER MONDAY Cybermonday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair
- US Election Election USA 2020: why did Donald Trump pay $3 million for recount in Wisconsin?
- US News Cyber Monday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target
- US News Walmart, Amazon and Macy´s: Black Friday returns policies
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: latest on US coronavirus relief bill