Levante wear femenino shirts for International Women's Day
The Levante squad wore the corresponding shirts of their femenino side against Granada to mark International Women's Day on Sunday.
Levante’s players showed their solidarity with their women’s side on International Women’s Day by wearing the shirts of their corresponding Levante Femenino players in the warm-up ahead of their game against Granada at the Ciutat de València.
Each Levante player wore the shirt number of their Levante Femenino counterpart “in homage to women and especially female Levante fans.”
Levante "committed to equality"
Levante Femenino also took to the pitch before the game together with both sides as part of the initiative. Levante UD released a statement saying: “As an institution that is committed to society, we place special emphasis on guaranteeing the equality of treatment and of opportunities between men and women at all levels and in all areas of the club.”
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo looking to achieve goal-scoring holy grail
- MLS MLS is back tournament changes as players test positive for coronavirus
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester City player ratings vs Arsenal
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- ATLÉTICO Atlético Madrid's stadium finally demolished: The last days of the Vicente Calderón