Zidane takes blame for Real Madrid's defeat to Betis
The Real Madrid coach said his side were lacking "everything" as they slumped to a 2-1 defeat to Betis.
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane analysed his side's 2-1 defeat to Betis at the end of the match in the Benito Villamarin. The loss sees Real Madrid knocked off the top of the table with Barcelona going back to the summit.
Defeat to Betis...
It was poor game from us. We weren't any good in the either the first half or the second half. Lots of mistakes, we lost the ball loads. When you're not at the right level things are difficult.
What was wrong with Real Madrid today?
We lacked everything today. It's our worst game of the season. We lacked energy, football, possession, aggressiveness. It's an off day and that can happen. I'm responsible. We can't go mad, but we're not happy.
We started the game badly. You can start badly, but you've got 45 minutes to change and we weren't able to. There's no explanation. It's not one thing.
Solution for Real Madrid
We'll keep going. There are solutions. Up to now we've had a good season. There are good things and bad things, but we can move on up. We didn't deserve to win. It's a shame and we need to analyse everything.
Chances of winning LaLiga?
There are 11 games left and we'll fight for LaLiga. This won't lose us the Liga. Today we didn't play well enough to win.
I don't blame them. I'm with them to the death. I'm to blame.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 PSG's Mbappé backtracks over Lille title winning comments
- USMNT Jesse Marsch and Brenden Aaronson win Austrian league title with Salzburg
- BARCELONA Barcelona set to confirm Agüero signing at end of season
- NBA NBA: Hawks, Knicks seal playoff places as Nets' Harden returns
- COVID-19 VACCINE What has CDC said about covid vaccine for 12-15 year old kids?
- US News What did Liz Cheney say about Donald Trump and the Republican Party?