Real Madrid the victims of over-confidence
Real Madrid have dropped 15 points to teams in the lower half of the table with another example of over-confidence on Sunday against Real Betis.
Real Madrid have left lots of points on the table during the first 27 games of the season. During a title race that looks like it will go down to the wire, their recent defeat to Real Betis has led to another change at the top of the table and these stumbles are what lose leagues. Zidane's side have dropped 15 points against teams lower half of the table this season.
The trend reared its head early. In week 2, after a win over Celta Vigo, they drew 1-1 with Real Vallaodlid at home (currently 15th in the league). The first doubts appeared and they have never really gone away...
Shortly afterwards, in gameweek 9, a Madrid crisis started. Mallorca, currently 18th, beat Madrid 1-0 in what was a terrible display. There was no reaction either because just two games later, they drew 0-0 at the Bernebéu with Real Betis. Rubi arrived into that game with questions marks over his future and with a bad vibe around the team. Madrid couldn't get the job done.
This draw did stir up something in Madrid and they straightened the ship. Until Celta Vigo (17th) visited the capital. Madrid weren't at the races and Celta walked out of the Bernabéu with a 2-2 draw.
After that game, the next two trips away from home resulted in two losses. The first came against Levante (13th) and after the Clásico and all the confidence that came with that win, Betis won 2-1 on Sunday night. Once again, Rubi arrived into the game with doubts swirling but used Real Madrid's vulnerability.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane