Real Madrid: Courtois doubt to face Man City after injury against Betis
The Belgian goalkeeper left the field limping after the Real Betis game and will undergo tests ahead of the Manchester City game in the Champions League.
Thibaut Courtois is a doubt to player Manchester City in the return leg of the Champions League last 16 tie at the Etihad. The Belgian keeper left the field limping after Real Betis beat Real Madrid on Sunday night and on Tuesday will undergo tests to determine the extent of the injury in his left leg. The scan could not be done on Monday due to the fact that the area in questions was inflammed.
Madrid's number one will be out for, at least, the next two games. The visit of Eibar on Friday night in LaLiga and the last 16 clash against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium with Madrid chasing the game after losing the first leg 1-2 at the Bernabéu.
This injury could see Courtois replaced in goals for the first time in over a month. The last time he missed time was on 6 February against Real Sociedad in the Copa del Rey, a game that finished 3-4. In LaLiga, Courtois hasn't missed a game since 7 December.
Despite the two goals that were conceded, Courtois prevented more from going in with an exceptional stop from Nabil Fekir in the first half. The Belgian is on the brink of missing what is the team's most important game of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what are the 'critical components' that the Trump administration talks about?
- Premier League Premier League: Teams find their shooting boots as the finale approaches
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: McConnell confirms there will be checks for low-income Americans
- Barcelona Neymar back to Barcelona 'unlikely'
- CORONAVIRUS Bolsonaro tests positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus India's Covaxin to be tested on 375 volunteers