Real Madrid: Courtois doubt to face Man City after injury against Betis
The Belgian goalkeeper left the field limping after the Real Betis game and will undergo tests ahead of the Manchester City game in the Champions League.
Thibaut Courtois is a doubt to player Manchester City in the return leg of the Champions League last 16 tie at the Etihad. The Belgian keeper left the field limping after Real Betis beat Real Madrid on Sunday night and on Tuesday will undergo tests to determine the extent of the injury in his left leg. The scan could not be done on Monday due to the fact that the area in questions was inflammed.
Madrid's number one will be out for, at least, the next two games. The visit of Eibar on Friday night in LaLiga and the last 16 clash against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium with Madrid chasing the game after losing the first leg 1-2 at the Bernabéu.
This injury could see Courtois replaced in goals for the first time in over a month. The last time he missed time was on 6 February against Real Sociedad in the Copa del Rey, a game that finished 3-4. In LaLiga, Courtois hasn't missed a game since 7 December.
Despite the two goals that were conceded, Courtois prevented more from going in with an exceptional stop from Nabil Fekir in the first half. The Belgian is on the brink of missing what is the team's most important game of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona boss Koeman responds to Real Madrid penalty controversy
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE Juventus could be kicked out of Serie A over Super League move
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid enquire about Spurs' defender Serge Aurier
- NBA Anthony Davis posts 42-point game against the Phoenix Suns
- US NEWS Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: efficacy, safety, side effects from Pfizer, J&J, Moderna...
- US NEWS Where is my Golden State stimulus? How to check & track