Lusail stadium to be completed ahead of schedule
The Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy for 2022 World Cup Qatar assured that the venue will be ready in 2021, a year before the tournament starts.
The Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy for 2022 World Cup Qatar has published a video on their official Twitter account which shows how construction work on Lusail stadium is progressing, and assured that the venue will be ready on the scheduled date if not before.
There were also updates on the shape, design, nearby installations and exterior of the new stadium which features a distinctive golden colour and will be one of the best of the eight venues which will stage matches at World Cup Qatar.
It's also worth noting that the stadium will be one of the largest of its kind in Asia, and the biggest out of the other eight World Cup venues with a capacity of 80,000. The stadium will hold the inaugural match at World Cup Qatar as well as the final, and other world sporting events.
The stadium is located in the centre of Lusail city and is 16 kilometres from the capital, Doha. According to the plan, after the World Cup is over, the stadium will be converted into a dynamic focal point of the city, boasting a range of social facilities.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?