Atlético Madrid: Morata the only absentee in Monday's session
The striker didn't train with the rest of the squad after taking a knock to his thigh in the Sevilla game, although he is expected to be fit for the Liverpool game.
Atlético Madrid trained for the last time on home soil before they fly out to Liverpool tomorrow for this week's crucial Champions League Last 16 decider. Atleti go into the return leg holding a 1-0 advantage from the first leg. Diego Simeone had everyone bar Álvaro Morata available for this morning's workout in Majadahonda - the striker took a blow to his thigh during Saturday's 2-2 draw with Sevilla and was replaced by Diego Costa on 67 minutes. The club's medical services advised against Morata today part in today's session as a precaution, although the player should recover in time for Wednesday's game against Liverpool.
Lodi and Lemar return to training with Atlético
Renan Lodi trained without problems - he was excluded from the list for the Sevilla game due to muscular problems and also sat out Sunday's session. Trippier and João Félix, who both look weary at the end of Saturday's match, worked out as normal. Simeone also has Thomas Lemar back for the Liverpool game. The French midfielder picked up an injury in the first leg and hasn't played since. Lemar missed Atleti's league games against Espanyol and Sevilla but now seems to be over his fitness problems. Morata could return to full training tomorrow which would mean that Simeone will have a full squad available for the first time this season. El Cholo must decide which five players from the squad don't make the trip.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Mexico to battle for bronze in Olympic softball
- OLYMPIC GAMES What the USWNT needs to advance to the quarter-finals at Tokyo 2020
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Who is in the USA golf team at the Tokyo Olympics 2021?