PSG panic as Mbappé falls ill on eve of Dortmund tie
The French striker has tonsillitis and is is still not known whether he will be able to enter the squad list for tomorrow's crucial return leg against Dortmund.
With just over 24 hours to go before tomorrow's crucial Champions League return leg against Borussia Dortmund, PSG coach Thomas Tuchel has already decided on what formation he will employ against the German rivals. Tuchel will opt for a 4-4-2 system which has worked well for him this season and has ditched the 3-4-3 format which was a disastrous failure in the first leg at Signal Iduna Park.
Thiago Silva surprises PSG's medical team
The most noticeable change will be the return of Thiago Silva, who picked up a thigh muscle injury in the league meeting with Girondins de Bordeaux and had been expected to sit out the return leg. However, he has made a speedy recovery and will start tomorrow - despite being one of the PSG players who received a lot of criticism for their performance in the first leg.
With Thiago Silva returning to the back four, Marquinhos will move up into midfield to cover for Marco Verratti - a key absentee for the Parisiens; the Brazilian will lend experience and solidity to the centre of the park alongside Idrissa Gueye. Leandro Paredes is in with a chance with making the starting XI but is more likely to start on the bench.
Mbappé missed Monday's session
Tuchel's biggest doubt is Mbappé. The France international is suffering from a bout of tonsillitis and didn't train with his team mates yesterday. It's not known whether he will be involved in today's session. If he has to be excluded from the list, Pablo Sarabia, PSG's joint-top scorer will start, accompanied by Di María, Neymar and Cavani in attack while Mauro Icardi will return to the bench.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Resident Evil Village demo: date, times, how to play on PS4/PS5, Xbox and PC
- ENTERTAINMENT Helen McCrory dies: what where her most famous roles? Peaky Blinders, Harry Potter...
- US NEWS Shooting at FedEx warehouse in Indianapolis leaves eight dead
- NFL NFL Draft 2021 top prospects: the 10 best players
- CORONAVIRUS Will a third vaccine dose for covid-19 be needed in the future?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK How many people have received their third stimulus checks?