Real Madrid set for Valdebebas shut-out amid coronavirus crisis
Real Madrid are expected to cancel their pre-match media duties ahead of Friday's behind-closed-doors LaLiga clash with Eibar.
Real Madrid are poised to shut the media out of their training ground this week amid the continuing spread of the coronavirus in Spain.
Zidane's pre and post-match press conferences set to be cancelled
Ahead of Friday night's LaLiga match against Eibar (21:00 CET), which is to be played behind closed doors because of the crisis, club chiefs are to meet on Wednesday to decide whether to cancel head coach Zinedine Zidane's pre-match press conference at their Valdebebas training complex.
With the number of coronavirus cases in Spain now over 1,600, it was confirmed on Tuesday that at least the next two matchdays of the LaLiga season are to be played without fans present.
15-minute period of open training likely to be called off
The indications are that Zidane will not offer press conferences either before or after the Eibar game, but will give interviews to the club's in-house television channel.
Madrid are also expected not to invite the press to Valdebebas for the traditional 15-minute period of training that is open to the media on the day before matches.
Real Madrid out to bounce back from Betis defeat
Having relinquished top spot in LaLiga to Barcelona after losing 2-1 at Real Betis on Sunday, Madrid host Eibar sitting two points behind their arch rivals.
Te recomendamos en English
- Diego Maradona dies: The greatest of all just left us – former Argentina team-mate Russo
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Diego Maradona: Napoli could rename stadium after legend
- Diego Maradona dies: Guardiola pays tribute to 'man of joy' as Klopp hails Argentina great
- INTER 0-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter: Hazard, Lucas, Rodrygo...
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- US News California unemployment benefits fraud: who stole from the state?