Getafe refuse to travel to Milan for Europa League game
The Getafe president says "if we lose the tie then we lose the tie" and says he won't run the risk of sending his players into the middle of the coronavirus.
Getafe will not travel to Milan for their game against Inter Milan in the Europa League says president Angel Torres. The game is fixed for Thursday 11 March at 21:00 and Getafe have asked for an alternative venue but that was rejected. Torres says unless something changes drastically before the morning, they will not travel.
"Unless it changes a lot before the morning, Getafe will not travel to Milan," Torres told El Transistor.
"We have asked UEFA to look for an alternative venue for the Milan game," he said. "We don't want to go into the middle of the coronavirus, we don't need to. We have asked for help too from the Spanish federation to demand that the game be suspended."
"If we lose the tie, then we lose the tie," he continued. "I won't be the one to assume any sort of risk. We were really hopeful about this game but if it has to be like this, then that's the way it is."
All sporting events have been cancelled in Italy until April 3rd in an effort to stop the spread of the disease.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Golden State Stimulus: What is it, who approved it, and how does it differ from federal stimulus check?
- NBA Lakers vs Suns live online: scores, stats, highlights, updates...
- REAL MADRID 2-2 SEVILLA Zidane slams referee after controversial Sevilla penalty
- US News What states are ending pandemic-related unemployment benefits?
- LIGUE 1 PSG title chances dented by draw away to Rennes
- US News Do you need to work to claim the child tax credit?