Mourinho on longest winless run as manager after Leipzig loss
Jose Mourinho is now six games without a win after Tottenham's 3-0 loss to RB Leipzig, the worst run of his managerial career.
Tottenham boss José Mourinho is on the worst run of his managerial career after his side suffered a 3-0 Champions League defeat at RB Leipzig.
Tottenham now six games without a win after going down in Champions League
A pair of goals from Marcel Sabitzer, aided by errors from Hugo Lloris, gave Leipzig control of the second leg of the last-16 tie at the Red Bull Arena.
Emil Forsberg rounded things off with a late goal to make it a 4-0 aggregate triumph for Leipzig as Tottenham's streak of games without a victory in all competitions was extended to six games.
That is the longest winless run in Mourinho's career, which has spanned 935 matches.
It is a sequence encompassing the first leg against Leipzig, which ended in a 1-0 reverse, as well as Premier League losses to Chelsea and Wolves, an FA Cup penalty shoot-out loss to Norwich City and a 1-1 draw at Burnley.
6 - José Mourinho is winless in six matches in all competitions (D2 L4) – the longest winless run of his entire managerial career, with tonight being his 935th match. Spiral. pic.twitter.com/Jh4AmBNhqb— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) March 10, 2020
Spurs will seek to end that streak when they welcome Mourinho's old club, Manchester United, to north London on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- BLACK LIVES MATTER What is the Black Lives Matter movement and when did it start?
- BLACKOUT TUESDAY How did the 'Blackout Tuesday' social media initiative come about?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?
- George Flod Protests What did Trump say about Antifa and the riots?