PSV appoint former Bayer Leverkusen coach Roger Schmidt
PSV coach Ernest Faber will step aside at the end of the season and be replaced by Roger Schmidt, the Eredivisie club anounced today.
Former Bayer Leverkusen coach Roger Schmidt will take charge at PSV Eindhoeven from next season after signing a two-year deal with the Dutch club. PSV's caretaker manager Ernest Faber will step down at the end of the 2019-20 campaign to be replaced by the German coach, who has been out of work since being sacked by Chinese Super League side Beijing Guoan in July 2019.
Schmidt triumphs in China
Schmidt, who won the Chinese FA Cup with Beijing during two years with the club, had previously managed Leverkusen and RB Salzburg. He won the 2013-14 Austrian title while in charge of Salzburg before leading Leverkusen to back-to-back top-four finishes in the Bundesliga.
PSV Director of Football John de Jong said: "Roger Schmidt was always our first choice for the manager's job and we are delighted to announce that he is joining our club."
PSV are currently fourth in the Eredivisie table, seven points behind leaders Ajax.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Has Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...