Coronavirus: Sevilla-Roma and Inter-Getafe cancelled by UEFA
Travel restrictions have forced UEFA to call off the first legs of the Europa League ties between Sevilla and Roma, and Inter and Getafe.
Roma's match with Sevilla and Inter versus Getafe have officially been cancelled by UEFA.
The Europa League last-16 first legs have been called off due to new travel restrictions imposed by the Spanish government on flights to and from Italy in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
"Further decisions on the two matches will be communicated in due course," UEFA said in a statement.
Torres: "If we have to lose the tie, we will lose it"
As a result of the travelling restrictions between Spain and Italy imposed yesterday by the Spanish authorities, the following #UEL matches will not take place as scheduled tomorrow.— UEFA (@UEFA) March 11, 2020
Sevilla – AS Roma
Internazionale – Getafe
Earlier on Wednesday, Roma confirmed they had been unable to travel for the match at the Ramon Sánchez Pizjuán as they had not been granted permission to fly to Andalusia.
Getafe's meeting with Inter had also been in doubt as the LaLiga club's president, Angel Torres, said they would not travel to Italy.
Torres told Onda Cero that he was not prepared to put the health of his players and staff at risk, adding: "If we have to lose the tie, we will lose it."
Italy has been in lockdown since Monday in a bid to curb the rapid spread of coronavirus.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021 live online: red carpet, nominations, updates
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Who are Amy Poehler and Tina Fey, hosts of the Golden Globes 2021?
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- Golden Globes 2021 Golden Globes 2021 list of nominations: movies, series, actors, actresses...
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live