Rugani: Juventus player tests positive for coronavirus
Juventus have confirmed that defender Daniele Rugani has been diagnosed with the coronavirus.
Juventus defender Daniele Rugani has tested positive for the coronavirus, the Serie A champions confirmed in a statement on Wednesday.
Juve set for quarantine after Rugani contracts coronavirus
Juve said that Rugani, 25, is not currently showing any symptoms, and added that they are working to identify everyone he has had contact with in recent weeks as part of their efforts to activate "all the isolation procedures required by law".
Juve are now expected to place all their players and coaching staff in quarantine, making it impossible for the Vecchia Signora's Champions League last-16 second leg with Lyon, which is scheduled for 17 March, to go ahead as planned.
Italian football suspended amid coronavirus crisis
With more than 10,000 confirmed coronavirus cases in Italy, where the death toll is now over 600, all domestic football has been suspended in the country until 3 April.
Rugani follows Hannover's Hübers in positive test
Rugani is the second footballer to be diagnosed with the coronavirus, after it was announced earlier on Wednesday that Hannover 96's Timo Hübers has tested positive for the disease.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures