Arsenal label Atlético Madrid's Thomas as key summer target
According to 'The Telegraph', the Ghanaian midfielder is high on Arsenal's wish list. He has an offer to renew with Atleti but still hasn't signed.
Thomas Partey has no shortage of admirers in England. A powerful physical presence in midfield and excellent ball skills make him an ideal fit for the Premier League. One of the clubs who are interested in the Atlético Madrid player is Arsenal. Gunners manager Mikel Arteta has the task of rebuilding the team this summer and the Ghanaian midfielder is a key objective. Thomas' superb perormance at Anfield has put him back in the spotlight and will surely make Atleti reconsider his value to the team.
According to The Telegraph, Arsenal are planning to put in a bid for Thomas in the next transfer window. The buy-out clause is 50 million euros - a reasonable figure for a player who is still only 26. But while Thomas has expressed his intention to stay on at Atlético, he admitted that things can always change. "Atlético is my home. My agent is negociating with the club, but you never know how it will all turn out...", he said in a recent interview with AS. Thomas, whose current contract will expire in 2023, has an offer to renew on the table from Atlético but he still has not signed anything.
Thomas - a key player for Simeone
As far as Diego Simeone is concerned, Thomas is vital to the team's midfield - either alongside Koke or another member of the squad - he is the backbone of the team. That's why he has played in every game he has been available for (he's missed three games - one for injury and the other two for suspension). El Cholo knows Thomas would be a difficult player to replace which is why Atleti are making such a big effort to ensure he stays.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?