PSG suspends training amid coronavirus crisis
Following the decision of Ligue 1 to suspend all fixtures, PSG has announced it will suspend training for the first team, women's team and underage ranks.
Hours after Ligue de Football Professionnel’s decision to suspend all matches in Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 until further notice, several teams have already decided to halt training.
Among them is PSG, which has issued a statement on Friday to announce the club would postpone training until the coronavirus crisis is resolved.
The Parisian club, who beat Dortmund 2-0 in the second leg of the Champions League last-16 tie during the week to book their place in the quarter finals, has announced that it has taken all possible measures to reduce the risk of its squad and staff contracting the virus. The women's team and youth teams will also suspend training.
PSG played Wednesday’s match against Dortmund behind closed doors, while their Ligue 1 fixture against Strasbourg last weekend was suspended due to the coronavirus crisis.
Vieira’s Nice will continue training
Nice, meanwhile, is one of the few teams in Ligue 1 that has not stopped training. Les Aiglons coach, Patrick Vieira, has stated at a press conference that his side must remain fit in the case that the French championship resumes in a few weeks’ time.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment