Luis Suárez targets Napoli Champions League return leg
The Uruguayan striker is recovering well from his knee operation and has set his sights on being fully fit by the end of April.
The temporary halt to football across Europe due to the outbreak of coronavirus offers FC Barcelona striker Luis Suárez the chance of participating in the next Champions League match with the second leg of the club's Round of 16 tie against Serie A side Napoli yet to be played.
The Uruguayan striker is now undergoing the next stage of his rehabilitation process at home with a his fitness advisor and his progress is also being closely monitored by the medical team at the Catalan club. The player is recovering well from the knee operation which was carried out in January and at the time many felt that the forward would play no further role in the 2019/20 season. The uncertainly and delay to activity caused by the outbreak in Europe of the Covid-19 virus could now see the player participate in both league and European competitions when activity is resumed. At present Suarez is able to run and has just commenced working with the ball.
The imminent recuperation of the Uruguayan target-man comes as a bonus for Barça head coach Quique Setién who was already missing long term injured Ousmane Dembélé and would have had to face Napoli without the suspended Sergio Busquets and Arturo Vidal with new signing Martin Braithwaite not registered to play in the Champions League.
The first let between the Neapolitan side and FC Barcelona ended in a 1-1 draw at the San Paolo stadium and we may have a clearer indication of when the second leg could be staged after UEFA meet with their members via video-conference next week to assess the potential structure of when future games could be played.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment