Valencia confirm five positive coronavirus results
Valencia's central defender, Garay, was the first to confirm he had coronavirus but the club have since released a statement confirming more cases.
Ezequial Garay has tested positive for coronavirus. The Valencia player is isolated and doing what the authorities saying. He is the first LaLiga or Segunda player to have tested positive for the virus.
“It’s obvious that 2020 has started on the wrong foot,” he said in an Instagram post. “I have tested positive for coronavirus. I feel fine and now I just have to do what the medical professionals say. I am isolated at the moment.”
Garay ruptured his cruciate knee ligament on the 1 Fabruary and is expected to be out for another six months. Valencia played against Atalanta in the Champions League and also travelled to play Alavés but Garay did not travel with the team on either of those occasions.
Since Garay confirmed he had coronavirus, Valencia have released a statement saying five of their players have contracted the virus.
“Valencia CF inform that five positive cases of the COVID-19 coronavirus have been detected amongst first team staff and players. All of these persons are now at home, in good health and obeying self-isolation measures. Besides providing further information over the coming hours, the club reiterate our support for the health authorities and their social awareness campaigns, and emphasise to all of the population the importance of staying at home and continuing to follow the previously published hygiene and illness-prevention measures.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION Voting in the NYC mayoral primary: who are the candidates?
- COVID-19 ECONOMIC RELIEF Will there be a second Golden State stimulus check in California?
- CORONAVIRUS US California digital vaccine card: how to get it
- 2021 ADVANCE CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: which families might need to opt out?
- BOXING What is Tyson Fury's boxing record?
- BOXING Who won the first and second Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fights?