Atalanta's Illicic donates UCL match-ball to Bergamo hospital
The Atalanta striker Josip Ilicic has donated the ball with which he scored four goals in the Champions League last week to a hospital in Bergamo.
Atalanta's Slovenian veteran striker Josip Ilicic has donated the match-ball from last week's Champions League win over Valencia at Mestalla to a hospital in Bergamo, with the Italian city in the Lombardy region at the epicentre off the Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
With hospitals appealing for funds to acquire equipment to combat the spread of the virus, Illicic donated the ball to the Papa Giovanni XXIII Hospital in the city.
View this post on Instagram
Italian football has been suspended through to the beginning of April at present with the country suffering through a high level of positive cases and the highest number of fatalities from coronavirus outside of China.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby