Atalanta's Illicic donates UCL match-ball to Bergamo hospital
The Atalanta striker Josip Ilicic has donated the ball with which he scored four goals in the Champions League last week to a hospital in Bergamo.
Atalanta's Slovenian veteran striker Josip Ilicic has donated the match-ball from last week's Champions League win over Valencia at Mestalla to a hospital in Bergamo, with the Italian city in the Lombardy region at the epicentre off the Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
With hospitals appealing for funds to acquire equipment to combat the spread of the virus, Illicic donated the ball to the Papa Giovanni XXIII Hospital in the city.
View this post on Instagram
Italian football has been suspended through to the beginning of April at present with the country suffering through a high level of positive cases and the highest number of fatalities from coronavirus outside of China.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jadon Sancho came very close to joining in 2017
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?