Coronavirus: Flamengo announce Jorge Jesús positive Covid-19 test
The 65-year-old tactician has tested positive for Covid-19 in an initial test while the Brazilian club await the results of a second.
The Covid-19 virus has hit Brazilian club Flamengo with the club's manager Jorge Jesús testing positive for the coronavirus after vice-president Mauricio Gomes de Mattos was also found to have contracted the illness.
Jesús, who led Flamengo to the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A and the Copa Libertadores titles in his first season at the club after joining from a stint at Al-Hilal, tested positive for Covid-19 in an initial test but the club stated that the 65-year-old would be checked again due to the results proving inconclusive.
Flamengo in lock down
Flamengo's players remain in quarantine after Gomes de Mattos' positive test while the rest of the club's staff have been told to self-isolate to lessen the risk of further infection.
Gabigol, the top scorer in last season's Copa Libertadores and the hero of the final against River Plate, led the club's best wishes to the Portuguese coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live