Coronavirus: Flamengo announce Jorge Jesús positive Covid-19 test
The 65-year-old tactician has tested positive for Covid-19 in an initial test while the Brazilian club await the results of a second.
The Covid-19 virus has hit Brazilian club Flamengo with the club's manager Jorge Jesús testing positive for the coronavirus after vice-president Mauricio Gomes de Mattos was also found to have contracted the illness.
Jesús, who led Flamengo to the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A and the Copa Libertadores titles in his first season at the club after joining from a stint at Al-Hilal, tested positive for Covid-19 in an initial test but the club stated that the 65-year-old would be checked again due to the results proving inconclusive.
Flamengo in lock down
Flamengo's players remain in quarantine after Gomes de Mattos' positive test while the rest of the club's staff have been told to self-isolate to lessen the risk of further infection.
Gabigol, the top scorer in last season's Copa Libertadores and the hero of the final against River Plate, led the club's best wishes to the Portuguese coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US Unemployment benefits in California: how to check the status of your claim
- GAMING NEWS Among Us! how to download and play for free on PC (Windows) and Mac
- ATLÉTICO 6-1 GRANADA Luis Suárez scores two and assists one in Atletico debut demolition of Granada
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what is Mark Cuban's proposal?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City sign Ruben Dias as Otamendi joins Benfica