Coronavirus: Valencia say 35% of club have tested positive
The Liga club confirmed new cases on top of players Garay, Mangala, Gayá, club delegate Paco Camarasa and Julián Aliaga of the medical staff.
Valencia CF have announced a raft of new cases of the Covid-19 virus at the club, with some 35 percent of players and staff now affected.
In a statement, Valencia said that on top of the already confirmed cases of players Ezequiel Garay, José Gayà and Eliaquim Mangala, club delegate Paco Camarasa and Juan Aliaga of the medical staff, the virus has now swept through a third of the club's staff.
Valencia confirm new cases after Atalanta game
"Several further tests for the COVID-19 coronavirus amongst Valencia CF coaching staff and players have come back positive. All cases are asymptomatic and those involved are currently isolated at home, receiving medical assessment and carrying out their scheduled training plan," Valencia said in a statement.
"Despite the strict measures adopted by the club after their UEFA Champions League game against Atalanta on February 19th in Milan - an area confirmed as 'high risk' by the Italian authorities days afterwards - which included maintaining a distance between the squad and club employees/the general public, these latest results show that the exposure inherent to such matches has caused a positive test rate of around 35%."
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump last debate live online: updates, fact check and reactions
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Covid-19 Financial Crisis How will the election affect unemployment benefits in US?
- US NEWS Who is Kristen Walker, moderator for the final presidential debate? | US Election 2020
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online