Coronavirus: Jorge Jesús showing "no symptoms" after Covid-19 test
The Flamengo coach tested positive for the coronavirus the club announced on Monday, but he said he was feeling fine in a statement.
Flamengo coach Jorge Jesús said he was feeling fine after testing positive for coronavirus.
The Brazilian Serie A champions announced on Monday that Jesus, 65, has tested positive for Covid-19, although it was weak or inconclusive and being checked.
In a message posted on Instagram, Jesús said he was asymptomatic despite the positive test.
Jorge Jesús: "I am feeling exactly as I felt a month ago, a year ago"
"Hello. Good afternoon in Brazil, good night in Portugal. True, my test was positive," he said.
"It is also true that I feel normal, I am feeling exactly as I felt a month ago, a year ago, two, three, four ... I am normal. I don't feel any symptoms.
"But I had a positive test. I'll be in reclusion. I want to thank the affection of my friends and the fans of Flamengo for sharing this situation with me.
"I think that in a few days everything will be back to normal, God willing. A big kiss to everyone. I am very confident."
The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) announced the suspension of all national football competitions for an indefinite period on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Super Bowl LV 2021: how many tickets are available for Buccaneers & Chiefs fans?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what pandemic travel restrictions will Biden impose?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the Pentagon banning transgender people in the military?
- NFL Tom Brady vs Patrick Mahomes: how many times have they faced each other?
- SUPER BOWL LV How many Super Bowls have the Buccaneers played and won?
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it