Berlusconi donates 10 million euros to makeshift Milan hospital
The former AC Milan president has made a generous contribution to a temporary hospital which is currently struggling without enough beds or ventilators.
"The president, Silvio Berlusconi has decided to help the Lombardy region, with a donation of 10 million euros - funds needed to set up an intensive care unit for 400 patients at the Fiera centre in Milan". That was a statement issued by Forza Italia, explaining how the former AC Milan president has made a generous donation.
Medical services swamped in Italy
The coronavirus pandemic has hit Italy hard and the Lombardy region is one to have been most affected by a lack resources. According to reports in Italian media, there are no no available beds or ventilators in the makeshift hospital set up at the Fiera Milano exhibition centre, and action is required immediately - hopefully in the next three to four days.
Founder of the Esselunga supermarket chain Giuseppe Caprotti, has also made a contribution to the cause with a donation of 10 million euros. Other Italian companies have pledged their support with financial donations including Bvlgari, Dolce & Gabanna, Marco Bizarri, Gucci and Giorgio Armani.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby