Coronavirus: Women's Euro 2021 to be postponed for men's tournament
The rescheduling of Euro 2020 will mean a major shake-up, with the Nations League and Women's Euro 2021 tournaments set to be moved.
UEFA will move the Women's Euro 2021 finals as part of its plan to reorganise the football calendar, the German FA has said.
Football authorities across the world are adjusting plans to cope with major delays caused by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The women's European Championship finals had been scheduled to take place in England from July 7 to August 1 next year.
Those dates would mean an overlapping with the men's European Championship, which has been set back 12 months to run from June 11 to July 11 2021.
German DFB: No decision on Euro 2021
It’s 5️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ days until #WEURO2021 kicks off in England🏴 with the first game at Old Trafford.— UEFA Women's EURO 2021 (@WEUROEngland21) February 23, 2020
How will Phil Neville’s @Lionesses fair on home soil? As hosts, they automatically qualify but find out who will join them by registering for updates at https://t.co/4ad3nifv7S pic.twitter.com/R8QJAPvpLA
The German FA (DFB) said on Twitter that the Euro 2020 delay would affect the women's showpiece tournament, with no decision yet taken on when it might be played.
On its women's football account, the DFB said: "The [UEFA] executive committee also decided that competitions to be held in June 2021 would be rescheduled.
"This concerns the final four of the Nations League, as well as the European Women's and U21 Championships. Exact dates are still to be decided."
The men's Nations League finals had been due to take place from June 2 to 6.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?